We at Western Wake Pediatrics have been diligently working to maximize the safety of our patients and families as well as our staff.
Notable current measures to decrease risk of COVID-19 exposure at WWP:
- Requiring face coverings for all visitors ages 2 and above
- All visitors must answer a series of screening questions regarding COVID-19 risk factors prior to entrance to our clinic
- Only one caregiver per patient allowed (with the exception of infants 2 months and younger)
- Keeping sick and well patients isolated from one another
- Wearing facemasks ourselves throughout the day and gloves when doing direct patient care
- Nearly all sick visits (anything other than a regular checkup) are done via telemedicine first with exceptions determined by clinical staff. Telemedicine patients may later be brought to the clinic for labs or examination if needed
Since our first official provider meeting on March 3, 2020 to devise clinic strategies for COVID-19, we have been making near daily changes to keep up with evolving information and maximize everyone’s safety. We appreciate your patience and trust during this rapidly changing time.