Sara Tabrizi, M.D.
Dr. Sara Tabrizi was born in Logan, Utah and grew up in Raleigh, NC. She graduated high school from Enloe High School in 1993. She received a Bachelor of Science degree in Biological Anthropology from Duke University in 1997. She obtained her medical degree from the UNC School of Medicine in 2002. Dr. Tabrizi completed her Pediatric Residency at Medical College of Virginia Hospital in 2005. She practiced Pediatrics in Durham before joining Western Wake Pediatrics in 2007. Dr. Tabrizi is bilingual.
Her clinical interests include obesity, care of adolescents, care of the newborn, and care of children with asthma and allergies.
Dr. Tabrizi lives in Chapel Hill with her husband and their daughters, Elsa and Vivian. In her free time, Dr. Tabrizi enjoys spending time with family and friends, traveling, music and cheering on the Blue Devils!
Undergraduate Education: Duke University, Bachelor of Science, cum laude 1993-1997
Medical Education: University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Medical Doctor, with Distinction 1998-2002
Residency: Medical College of Virginia, Pediatric Residency, 2002-2005
Board Certifications: American Board of Pediatrics – 2005-present
Honors and Awards:
- International Health Fellowship
HONORS and AWARDS:
University of North Carolina School of Medicine
- International Health Fellowship Award,
- Merit Award
- Academic Honors, graduated with distinction 1998-2002
- Rex Hospital IT Committee 2010-current
- Wake Med Cary Quality Improvement Committee 2008-2010
- Environment of Care Committee, Lincoln Community Health Center 2005-2007
- Utilization Management Committee, PrimaHealth 2005-2007
- Durham Community HealthNetwork 2005-2007
- North Carolina Medical Society
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- University of North Carolina, School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, NC, Department of Pediatrics, Adjunct Clinical Professor, 2008 – Present
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation of North Carolina, 2009
- El Centro Hispano Community Center, Durham, NC - Patient Educator 2007