Immunizations & Vaccinations at Our Cary Pediatric Office
Our Vaccine Philosophy
We believe that all children should receive immunizations according to the guidelines provided by the AAP and the CDC to protect against contagious diseases that may cause serious long-term and potentially life-threatening health consequences. Vaccines are one of the safest and best methods of disease prevention.
As of January 2019, Western Wake Pediatrics will no longer accept any new families who chose not to vaccinate their children.
New families to Western Wake Pediatrics after January 1, 2019 who:
- Choose not to vaccinate → we are not accepting these patients
- Choose to vaccinate on a delayed/alternative schedule →
- Prior to any sick visits or checkups, caregiver is required to meet with a provider to discuss and complete an Alternative Vaccine Schedule Agreement.
- Additional visits separate from the well-child checkup will be needed if the previously agreed upon schedule is altered.
- Vaccinations must be started by/at the 12 month checkup
- Recommended vaccines from birth to age 2 must be completed by 35 months. Failure to meet this goal will result in termination from our practice.
Families established at Western Wake Pediatrics before January 1, 2019:
- We will continue to work with you to optimize care for your child
- If you follow a delayed/alternative vaccine schedule and have an established and signed Alternative Vaccine Schedule Agreement on file with WWP, we will continue to follow that plan. Additional visits may be required if the previously agreed upon schedule is altered.
- If you follow a delayed/alternative vaccine schedule and have not completed an Alternative Vaccine Schedule Agreement with a provider and do not have this on file with WWP, you will be required to have an additional visit separate from the well-child checkup to do so. Additional visits may be required if the previously agreed upon schedule is altered.
We understand that there is conflicting information available about immunizations and that you want to do the best for your child. Our providers are happy to discuss any questions or concerns about vaccinations and direct you to reliable sources of information, such as these. We pride ourselves in partnering with families to provide the best care for their children in a family-centered environment.